iGoogle Gadget?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sintax604

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
There are a TON of amazing photos here and I was thinking it would be great to be able to see random photos regularly on an iGoogle homepage.
I currently have a tropical fish gadget but it's getting repetitive (http://www.joneso.com/fishes/fishes.html). I'd love to be able to add a gadget that shows a random SB photo.

Does anyone know how to make this happen? Are photos stored uncompressed in a directory somewhere here that we can just link to?

Many thanks!

There are a TON of amazing photos here and I was thinking it would be great to be able to see random photos regularly on an iGoogle homepage.
I currently have a tropical fish gadget but it's getting repetitive (http://www.joneso.com/fishes/fishes.html). I'd love to be able to add a gadget that shows a random SB photo.

Does anyone know how to make this happen? Are photos stored uncompressed in a directory somewhere here that we can just link to?

Many thanks!

Doing a single picture that doesn't change is easy (look at the right side when you're looking at themes for a link). To make one that cycles regularly, it's more complicated... Developer's Guide - iGoogle Themes API - Google Code

I put one up with my pics from Bonaire cycling every hour (Add themes to your homepage), but it was a bit of a pain, given the strict size constraints. Plus, whenever you edit it, Google has to review it first, so that can take up to a week.

Back
Top Bottom