ignore list

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wedivebc

CCR Instructor Trainer
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Before you all put in your ignore list I did do a search on this :wink:
If I add someone to my ignore list I don't see their posts. Do they see mine?

How do you add someone if he/she is SB Staff???

wedivebc:
Before you all put in your ignore list I did do a search on this :wink:
They will unless they're ignoring you back, which is of course entirely possible. :)

ShakaZulu:
How do you add someone if he/she is SB Staff???

You can't ignore me (but you can avoid me). :)

Shaka, i am offended you would try to ignore me. after all these years ... :wink:

actually, you can't ignore someone who is a Moderator or above... so... you're
stuck with me

wedivebc:

Yes, they will. There is a farily common internet acronym *PLONK* which when used in your post stands roughly for "Placed on Killfile". I use that whenever I killfile someone so that they know that the reason I'm not responding is because I don't see their messages anymore. If they are familiar with the term, they might just ignore you as well.

Of course killfiles are not very usefull in public discussions because, even if you don't see the message of the person you have killed, you are likely to see it in a reply. The best thing to do with those you don't want to converse with is to simply not take the bait and reply.

I usualy read messages from people on my killfile here, which you can still do by clicking the link on the message. I use the killfile to remind me that this is a person not worth replying to/aruging with.

James

H2Andy:
Shaka, i am offended you would try to ignore me. after all these years ... :wink:

actually, you can't ignore someone who is a Moderator or above... so... you're
stuck with me

What if you're a Supervisor? :eyebrow:

I rarely use the ignore fuction. Even if a person spews absolute garbage 99% of the time I still believe 1% may somehow be useful.

Who started this thread anyway? And what happened to post #1. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom