Ignore a Mod?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is it me??? :wink:

Well the idea is that you can tune out regular traffic, but its a policy written into the code that you cant tune out "agents" of the administration of SB - tough doody really :wink:

Is this a site support question or a whine? I will take it as the former and try to answer it thus:

Scuba Board is moderated for the benefit of our users. As a moderated board we need to make sure that our moderators posts can be read by all board participants. Actually you should not be able to *ignore* any of our moderators. Please PM me and let me know which moderators you can put on *ignore* and I will try to correct that.

However when it comes to posting in threads as a normal user, moderators are not to act as moderators. They have posting priviledges like any other user and are bound by the TOS.

You may find certain opinions you disagree with and some moderators that you would prefer not to see their posts. Since we can't turn the moderator status off and on easily the best course of action would be for you to just ignore them and their comments.

Hope this helps. I will be moving this thread to site support.

Much of Pug's response hits on what I was about to say... you need to be able to see their posts when they are actually doing mod duties and the software can't distinguish between the two.

However I did want to add: It is not a setting in the software, but rather it's hard coded and isn't something that they can just 'flip on' if they desire.

Now if asked why I looked into the code, I will have to plead the 5th, and I can neither confirm or deny if that code was modified to my benefit for a period of time :)

Spectre:
Now if asked why I looked into the code, I will have to plead the 5th, and I can neither confirm or deny if that code was modified to my benefit for a period of time :)
HHHHhhhhaaaarrrrr! :)
Rick

Hey how come this thread has no posts in it? :D

dlndavid:
Hey how come this thread has no posts in it? :D

I can't see any either, except for yours????

ShakaZulu:
I can't see any either, except for yours????

I see yours too.

which one is bigger?

btw, as to ignoring a Mod... no, it can't be done. believe me, i've
tried to put myself on ignore a number of times... and it don't work

:eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom