If you had to choose between these 3?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JC Fedorczyk

Contributor
Reaction score
I have the opportunity to pick up one of these camera's for free. Suggestion on which to get? Obvioulsy I want to get one that has a UW case for it and I think . As of right now I'm just looking for something to take good vacation photos. Won't be using a strobe or anything like that.

Nikon Coolpix 3200 ( I know a case exists for this one)

Canon Powershot A300 (digideep doesn't show a case for this but has one come out yet?)

Fuji Finepix 3800 (digideep doesn't show a case for this but has one come out yet?)

Thoughts and opions on these 3?

Thanks in advance

I took a quick look at each of the specs and I think the canon is out. It doesn't appear to have the same optical zoom as the other two. The Fuji appears to have the best optical zoom of all of them but it uses XD memory cards... these do not appear to be as fast as the CF cards so this may be an issue. I have a Fuji as well but its just for land use...
I would go for the Nikon, especially if its for free!!!

Go with the Nikon. And feel free to send me the Fuji as a consulting fee :D

You better go with the one that has the UW case - there is no way to tell when (or IF) there will be a new one out. Cameras are changing too fast.

JC Fedorczyk:
Nikon Coolpix 3200 ( I know a case exists for this one)

Canon Powershot A300 (digideep doesn't show a case for this but has one come out yet?)

Fuji Finepix 3800 (digideep doesn't show a case for this but has one come out yet?)

The Canon and Fuji are out because there are no cases - Canon has no intention of doing a case for this camera. The Nikon uses the WP-CP1 Case.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom