If you could only dive one location...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One of my favorites is as bunny said - Armando's Paradise. It is a tricky site to do. It is not always accessible due to the currents. Bunny, are you sure Stt Dive does that site? I'm friends with someone who worked for them and did the site with her, and it was her first time there.

Other great dives are "Stone Face" - lots of fingers and dive thru's.
The Chrylser has some cool swim-thru's and lots of life and color.
Sprat's Point is also a great reef.

More wrecks to request are: Miss Opportunity, The Wit Shoal, The Wit Concrete and The Kennedy. All good wrecks that act as feeding grounds for the bigger fish.

Laura, I've only been there with St.T Dive, so unless they've stopped going there, or only do with some clients, I'm pretty sure it's on their list.

With your signature, can I presume Admiralty goes there as well? I tell my clients about Armando's and would like to know other ops which head there. It's not often dived, but boy is it worth it. I think I could spend an entire week on that one site.

The Great Lakes,,,,opps! :)

talon39:
I'm going on a cruise in late September.
My Destinations are:
Nassau, Bahamas
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Philipsburg, St. Maarten

I will only be able to dive one day on this cruise and must choose a dive from the above locations. If you could only choose one dive, which would you do? Any reccomendations or advice will be greatly apreciated.
I've been diving in all three locations.

My biggest surprise was St. Maarten. Surprised me enough to look into housing and vacationing just for diving.

Dive Safaris does a great trip

Here are some of their locations... I could spend 10-20 years in the Maze alone. 50' max with coral heads from bottom - 10' with every type of sea life... cool

The whole place is like the "Texas" of coral heads

BurBunny:
Laura, I've only been there with St.T Dive, so unless they've stopped going there, or only do with some clients, I'm pretty sure it's on their list.

With your signature, can I presume Admiralty goes there as well? I tell my clients about Armando's and would like to know other ops which head there. It's not often dived, but boy is it worth it. I think I could spend an entire week on that one site.

Yes, Admiralty uses it often, usually as one for a person who has booked a package and as one of their last dives (save the best for last!). Did you know that Armandos site is where many of the shots were taken used on the fish identification cards for the caribbean?

Because of it's beauty and limited use, it's condition is still near perfect. I can dive it everyday and not see enough.

Another site that is not used often and very under-rated is Easter Reef. It is a deep reef, well conserved, and covered with Black Coral. Just beautiful!!

I read in this thread about the Navy Barges. That site is used by many operations. I have to admit though, it is a good site. There is so much life there and you never know what you'll see there. It's also a good site for beginner divers or beginner advanced diver who needs buoyancy experience.

St. Thomas has so many excellent sites with different qualities, so the reason I chose to move and dive here. Every site is different, so you never get bored.

Happy Diving people!

Laura, thank you for the info! Doesn't surprise me at all that Armando's was used for the reef ID cards. Was told that Armando himself was able to document every species of Caribbean Reef Fish on the site. Really glad to hear Admiralty has it in your repertoire. Might have to dive with you next time I'm there! You're in my database, but haven't yet had the chance to go out with you all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom