If you could go diving anywhere.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tazzmeyer

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
...in the Philippines for a week at the end of September/beg of October, where would it be and why?

Been to Borocay.... (end of Dec 06- beautiful but brrrrr, diving okay)
Been to Alona Beach.....(beg of Feb 07 - very, very nice...lots-o-fishes at Balicasag)

Hoping to go to Sorsogon in February 08....

Have heard PG is mama-hoohoo (chinese expression for so-so) but then lots of stuff seems to happen at PG....

Any diving in Davao?

sorsogon would be better late march to april so you can snorkel with the whalesharks. there is some diving in davao but better sites can be found in the visayas. dont discount PG though. its got good all around diving.

tazzmeyer:
...in the Philippines for a week at the end of September/beg of October, where would it be and why?QUOTE]

What do you like to see? Everyplace is different. I really like:

Apo Island - good corals, lots of fish, no sharks, eels, some nudibranch, and quiet if you stay on the island. Recommend the night dive nearly every night something new to see.

Malapascua - threshers, mantas?, nudibranch, mantis shrimp and mandarin fish.

Coron - wrecks - mostly WW2 freighters, lion fish, visibility not so good.

It all depends on what kind of diver you are. I travel alone usually and like intense (frequent 3-4 dives/day) diving and really get into different kinds of critters that don't swim away.

Haven't been here myself, but it's way up on my list ...

http://www.polaris-dive.com/

Davao has LOTS! of great diving, Ligid Island, Mushroom Rock, Aundanao... very nice coral formations and abundant marine life... there have been sightings of mantas and sea turtles, no sharks tho

I'd go to S. Leyte - Sogod Bay Scuba resort was where we stayed earlier this year - fantastic coral, loads of fish, great little resort with nice food and great staff - we thoroughly recommend it. Ron, Phil and Pedro will make sure you have a great time! (We hope to go back next year in July/August - no whalesharks then though!)

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom