If only two days for diving Vancouver Island...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

33merlin

New
Reaction score
I'm meeting the family in Whistler for some skiing in December and I'm not going to miss the opportunity to dive BC! I hope to ferry to Nanaimo on a Friday afternoon, dive full days Saturday and Sunday, then allow Monday for travel to Whistler.

It's my first trip to Vancouver Island. With only two days to dive and not knowing if my future holds another holiday in Vancouver, I wish to choose the best dive locations.
I'm willing to drive (I think) to Port Hardy or to anywhere along the way if it is worth the drive verses staying in the Nanaimo area. I favor walls, fish and wildlife to wrecks.

Any advise for a girl who wants to make the most of her underwater experience?
Thanks.

If you can make it to Port Hardy go for it, but its quite a drive from Nanamio, you will find the best diving there unless your looking for wrecks. Other hot spots along the inside coast are Quadra Island, Hornby Island, but your best bet may be just staying in Nanaimo. PM me if you want some names of operators in the areas.

JUMBO

Hi,

I live in Victoria on Vancouver Island and I can recommend many great sites for diving. Send me an email and I'll fill you in. dcampbell163@shaw.ca

Back
Top Bottom