If I should die while diving.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug

Swims with Orca
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
If I should die while diving please do not hesitate to discuss the incident and assess every element with a view to furthering your understanding of how to enhance diver safety.

If I should die while diving get the facts. They won't be readily available and will definitely not be correct as reported by the media. But get the facts as best you can.

If I should die while diving understand, as I already do, that it will most likely involve fault on my part to some degree or another so do not hesitate to point that out.

If I should die while diving some of the fault will probably belong to my buddy and that needs to be honestly assessed as well though I must admit this is one area where I hope that compassion will be in the mix.

If I should die while diving there might be those who try to squelch discussion out of a misplaced notion of respect for the deceased, family and friends. They can say nice things about me at my funeral... but in the scuba community I want the incident discussed.

If I should die while diving at least I didn't die in bed.

YUP......me too....

Uncle Pug:
If I should die while diving please do not hesitate to discuss the incident and assess every element with a view to furthering your understanding of how to enhance diver safety.

If I should die while diving get the facts. They won't be readily available and will definitely not be correct as reported by the media. But get the facts as best you can.

If I should die while diving understand, as I already do, that it will most likely involve fault on my part to some degree or another so do not hesitate to point that out.

If I should die while diving some of the fault will probably belong to my buddy and that needs to be honestly assessed as well though I must admit this is one area where I hope that compassion will be in the mix.

If I should die while diving there might be those who try to squelch discussion out of a misplaced notion of respect for the deceased, family and friends. They can say nice things about me at my funeral... but in the scuba community I want the incident discussed.

very thought provoking.

I agree 100%.

In addition, I've asked my family to understand that it would be my complete responsibility, do not blame my buddy, and to let me go in peace. In other words, don't sue anyone!

Y'all can talk about it, blame me, etc. Just, please learn from it if you can.

-becky

I call everyone dear to me before every decompression dive to let them know I love them. I let them know that I'm at peace with risk, and accept my fate. Today's dive went perfect, other than the torn neck seal doffing the drysuit. I would never blame my dive team for my death if it happened underwater. Of course, when it happens, it won't matter much to me at that point.

Dive smart, dive safe, have another beer with me to celebrate life!

Uncle Pug:
If I should die while diving there might be those who try to squelch discussion out of a misplaced notion of respect for the deceased, family and friends.

Appreciate the direction - but we talk about you now. It won't change if you go home.

:D

K

Uncle Pug:

Looks like Uncle Pug has been snort'n Nitrox and watching E.R. reruns again.....

If I should die diving I think uncovering the truth and being compassionate to my wife and children are a much higher priority to me than if anyone discusses it.

R..

Uncle Pug:
This last statement is the only place we differ. I'd much rather die in bed, in my sleep an old man, because if I die diving, that means I had more dives in front of me...

Roak

That is an excellent poem (of the non-ryhming kind - you neanderthals :wink: ) UP. It has an element of sarcasm in it, which i like to see and of course with all good poetry and humourous things it has an element in reality of what we do on this accident analysis forum (and previously on the basic discussion and others) of completely disecting the "evidence" and trying to solve the case based on media reported soundbits. That is fine work UP, you should get it published, that and NetDoc can get his songs done too - they are so funny!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom