If I get $11.50 from everyone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We could setup a non-profit educational institution, and you could let us use it for free, then take a really big tax deduction every year! :cool:

Terry

diverdad2:
Hello ,Well I Quess we are the lucky ones , We are the owners of the dive salvage barge ,EX NAVY YRST-2 ,261 ft long. Its got a full galley , has a lounge in the bottom of the vessel , for the beer drinkers and plenty of room,
and it is still for sale. We have had a lot of rudder kickers , but no one with a contract that floats for more then a few minutes. It would be great to keep it in the dive commuinty, think of what a rich dive club could do with it. Or as a dive shop , live a board. She is back on ebay . @ $600,000.00
Have a great dive day.
diverdad2

I like where you're heads at....

Start a non-profit for like school kids tours?

Hello,
We have looked at the non profit status , it doesn't fit into the company direction.
But a group could get together , buy it and do that . This vessel is more that just a barge . It's a floating warehouse , restaurant, hotel , home , machine shop, welding fabrication shop, dive business , movie production , or museum operation all in one barge. She is perfect for a fixed base or mobile dive, salvage, treasure hunting and or construction operations. Their is plenty of room for offices, equipment storage, fabrication and repair facilites. This Vessel has all the amenities, power generation, living/sleeping quarters, heads, galley, food storage, refrigeration/freezers, machine shop, welding shop , high pressure and low pressure dive compressors , scuba tank refilling station , and re- compression chamber. Everything needed and then some for any operation to be completely self-sufficient. All you need is a tug to get it there.
Have an instant dive business with a little work , dock it and use shore power.
Make a dive museum out of it and have overnight camping for the kids. This is the only 1 of the yrst series left The Navy ungrader her in the 90s. She was built in 1944 and has a hard hat diving history.
Pictures are ok , seeing it and walking her deck is an interesting feeling , a lot of the Naval hard hat divers trained on this vessel. She was stationed at Little Creek Va.
Think out side the box ,someone out there my have the resource to pull something together.
Regards
diverdad2

I'm in, actually, I just won the Mega Millions lottery jackpot $292mil so I am buying it and you all can come and use it for free. What th... How many times i have to tell you don't wake me up while I'm having a great dream!

It is a Navy barge. That means we already paid for it once. I think you should be able to use it free of charge. Whenever the military sells used equipment, they give us some of our money back right? Good luck on your purchase. I think she would make a better reef than dive boat.

The YRST-2 dive barge is more than just a barge. Its a floating warehouse, restaurant, hotel liveaboard , home, machine shop, welding / fabrication shop, DIVE BUSINESS, movie production set , or a museum operation all in one barge. This is going to be for the person or group who is thinking outside the box and looking at an investment that may be cheaper than land and a store front. If you have the right spot .Think about what other dive shops have and what your customer base is looking for , alway something new and different. Moor your dive charter boats along side her.
You can get a lot of retail space in 261 ft x 48ft by 2-1/2 levels , plus the deck space.
So bring your tug and take her to that perfect spot. Remember she is in Norfolk Virginia.
Russ

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom