IDI power fins vs SP Jetfins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maverick7593

Reaction score
OK searched all the old threads but didnt see an answer to my questions so here I go.

How are the SP Jetfins supposed to fit? I heard that they fit a little different than standard fins as your foot does not go in as far.
Also what about the IDI power fins (not the Turtles) that are the clones of the SP's. Are these a good alternative or just a cheap knockoff? I didnt find a lot of info about these on this board so I am wondering if that is because no one uses them.

I can try the Jetfins on at my LDS but not any of the IDI products and I will as soon as I can get over there but I appreciate any info I can get from here.

Thanks
Jason

I have some jets and had to get used to them over the Apollos since they are wider you may have a tendency to hit them together when you use them.

ChasingRichard once bubbled...
I have some jets and had to get used to them over the Apollos since they are wider you may have a tendency to hit them together when you use them.

on how you are built. Some people have their feet farther apart than others. I switched from average width fins to a pair that is pretty wide and never noticed any diference with the width.

Are the XL (biggest) IDI Power Fins larger than XL ScubaPro JetFins? Not talking about the IDI Turtles.

The XL Power Fins and the XL Jets are essentially the same size. I cannot fit my size 12 rockboots into the XL IDI Power fins, for example.

I found the fin pocket on the IDI's to be larger than Jets. This was useful because the Jets wouldn't fit on my dry suit boots.

I've been using mine for over a year and am quite happy with them. I don't believe that there are any quality issues.

One recommendation. Lose the rubber straps and replace them with metal spring straps. Manta makes a nice set or you can DIY. Then say goodbye to one item in your save a dive kit.

XL IDI Power Fins are about 1" shorter and 1" narrower than the XL Jets. The pocket of the IDI is a bit larger. The L Jets are more like the XL Power Fins. I had XL Power Fins and a friend had XL Jets. I needed a bit smaller pocket and he needed a bit bigger pocket. We traded. Due to the size difference he is convinced that he got the bad end of the deal. I prefer the Jets. I also have Turtles that I wear when diving dry. I prefer them over the Jets.

JoelW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom