Identification help please.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MattBPW

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Greetings folks. I am not 100% sure this will be the correct board for this so I apologise in advance if I've got it wrong.
I picked up some second hand gear the other week which included a US diver Aquarius 1st stage as well as a matching era 2nd stage.
In the bundle was another 1st stage which appears to be newer but I am drawing a blank.
It is a yoke style with a swivel turret, 4LP ports, 2 HP ports and an unidentified plug on the end.
It is marked with what I'm guessing is a serial number of 930312 and the yoke states "28 MPA service 4000PSI service.
Any help would be hugely appreciated.
I'll try to upload some pics to.

Attachments

• IMG_20180617_221725.jpg
    IMG_20180617_221725.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_20180617_221742.jpg
    IMG_20180617_221742.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_20180617_221808.jpg
    IMG_20180617_221808.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 303
Thanks for the reply. Also in the box was a ScubaPro R190 2nd stage which suggests many moons ago they may have been a set, however there is no branding on the 1st stage at all.

It's not a Scubapro and it's not vintage, with 2 HP (7/16) , that puts its date at least into the late 80s if not 90s.
There were a lot of lesser know brands around, I could not find it in any of the manuals I have but I have seen similar ones.

Could be an older Apeks piston or Beuchat piston. If I had to really make a choice, I would go with an old Beuchat.

It is not a Scubapro.

It looks like a Coltri-Sub that I have seen, but I am not sure.

Just like Herman mentioned, it is not one of the popular brands we see in the US.

Regulator BJ.
You sir are a legend, how bizarre that a Pom who's moved to Oz would be helped by a fellow Brit from across the water.
Thanks a lot, I was thrown by the ScubaPro second stage buran Oz manufactured first makes perfect sense.
Now to see if I can get it serviced still?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom