iDeco - Settings - Imperial / Metric / SACs / Last Stop / GFs etc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brockbr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
It appears that people are confused about how settings on the iPhone, and particularly iDeco, works.

iDeco can be configured for almost any particular setting you need, from metric to imperial, SAC rates, last stops, gradient factors, etc.

As mentioned on the iPhoneDeco.com web site, as well as the Application Description on the AppStore, the settings are accessed through iPhone/iPod touch "Settings". This is a gray gear on the iPhone/iPod touch home screen (unless you've moved it)

In order to access the settings:
1) On your iPhone or iPod touch, please turn on the iPhone or iPod touch.

2) (*) Unlock the iPhone or iPod touch

3) On the home screen, please look for the gray gear icon that says "Settings" (this may say something different outside of English speaking countries)

4) Tap the "Settings" icon

5) Scroll to the bottom.

6) You should see an iDeco icon

7) Tap the iDeco icon

8 ) All of the settings are listed

9) For SAC rates, last stop, or any other settings specific to your measuring system, please select the appropriate section - Either Imperial or Metric

If you have questions, prior to release I took the time to create a fully guided tour along with pictures:
http://www.iphonedeco.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=68&sid=9cb3b791b80d25ea4a861c8027fb4c67

I have received a TON of email from new iDeco users (now in the thousands). Please - Take a minute to read the instructions - The guided tour is the place to start if you're unsure how to do something. I took the time to create, so please take some time to read it.

Thanks - b.

(*) - Yes - I got an email from someone who couldn't change the settings because the phone was locked :(

Thanks, Brock. I found the settings mere minutes after requesting user defined gradient factors on the app store review. heh. Go me.

Thanks for you dedication. I'm off to read the instructions.

(*) ahhhahahahaa

This webpage seems to be long gone, are there any other places to find a users manual. Is the app still supported?

Does anyone know of a manual for this program? Maybe I’m challenged but I can’t seem to plan multiple dives or even remove deco gasses?

For multiple dives you need to add a surface interval and it will give you the box for dive 2. The app is wonderful, I use it to plan all my dives. It matches Multideco and has all the features I want and need.

Are you able to adjust settings for altitude or does it take this into account from your current altitude (from your phone sensor)? I'm currently in CA planning some dives at high altitude in Idaho and was wondering if I just need to rerun the plan when I get there or if there is a way to adjust altitude settings.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom