Ideas for late Nov mixed dive / sightseeing holiday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I'm trying to come up with a plan for a 14-16 day trip in the last week of November and first week of December. We'll be two divers (Mr Frogoutofwater and I) and my dad (71, non-diver but will snorkel a little). My dad was a very intrepid traveller when he was younger (he was an engineer and work took him to some interesting places), but he has slowed down a little and is not particularly athletic. He worked on projects in Indonesia (and possibly the Philippines), so I'm not sure that Indonesia would be at the top of our list for a vacation. We'd all like to see something new. Mr Canuck has travelled (but not dived) in Thailand; I've only had stopovers in some Asian cities like Bangkok, Singapore, Hong Kong, etc.

One other factor to consider - I'm mosquito-phobic. The critters just love me and I react really badly when bitten - so I'd prefer to go to areas where mossie levels are low.

I'm thinking that what we should plan on is a 2-centre holiday, possibly with 5 days in a more urban environment and 5 days in a resort environment where we can do some diving in the morning but also do some sightseeing. The two locations don't necessarily have to be in the same country, but should be close enough to make travel between them reasonably swift and reasonably priced.

Budget is in the "high end of moderate"; if I can use points to get there in business class (with Oneworld) or can fly premium economy from NYC or LA to Asia that would be great. We also have a stack of Hilton points so 4-5 nights in a Hilton hotel would be attractive.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom