Ideal boat design for a solo diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pretty much identical to this although mine does not have the non slip treads on the rungs.
I got that same or similar from Westmarine. The curvature of the metal tube in upper part is just right so that it is right for the inflatable pontoon. Where to tie it in place I find I would see about extra strong D ring patch glue on to pontoon or floor. Then lines connecting to ladder appropriately. I have not got mine set up yet, but the ladder is made very well! 30 years ago I would just clip off BC inflated and weights if separate. Then with a contortionist way climb and strong arm pull yourself up and into boat. This if same kind of ladder, not sure, like mine folds up in half when not used, so even though it is extra stuff in such a small boat, I would at least give it a try. Rope ladder forget about. They are not going to work with a boat that does not have deep sides that are flat. I have that rope ladder now somewhere. Maybe repurpose that rope ladder and have it to get from a second floor window to another near by attached roof out a window Incase of a fire. Roof to a portch is jumpable, just not from window to ground.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom