IDC reviews

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

glfmkg

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi All,

My wife and I are planning to do a PADI instructor course this fall in Florida Keys. Due to the lack of time we are planing to do the course with an IDC centre that offers the course in consecutive days with the examination at the end. We were wondering if you could give us reviews about IDCs in the Florida Keys area. Any recommendations or suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Will

Hi All,

My wife and I are planning to do a PADI instructor course this fall in Florida Keys. Due to the lack of time we are planing to do the course with an IDC centre that offers the course in consecutive days with the examination at the end. We were wondering if you could give us reviews about IDCs in the Florida Keys area. Any recommendations or suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Will

I cannot highly enough recommend Ocean Divers in Key Largo. I took my IDC there it was very intense. We did two class presentations a day, two pool briefings, and one ocean briefing. At the end of each day off the boat we did a rescue. They have accommodations above the dive shop, it's dorm like but you and your wife could have the only private room. Ocean Divers is also located at a hotel. You can get a good rate there as well. They have a chamber on premises, yep you get to take a ride. The real key here is the amount of time spent on academics, presentations and in water experience. I'm doubting any other IDC offers dives on the Bibb and the Dwayne to see if you are really ready to teach people. Only down side would be if you are teaching in cold water and make surf entry's as I do, you won't get trained on that but you would have anyway as a DMIT and Dive Master. Good luck with your choice, mine was great for me. J.C.

I can't really make any recommendation in the Keys, as I haven't gone through any of them.

I can however recommend the Dive Station (aka Florida Diving Institute) in Orlando. By the time I got through the IDC there, the IE was a piece of cake.

I can't make a IDC location recomendation, but I would say that since your coming down just for that you may want to find an IDC prep class so you're prepared for whats coming. The first few days can be overwhelming otherwise and the stress of being away from home, and the expenses of the IDC can - added to the overwhelming first day or two, be un-nerving.

Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom