icon v dragon bcd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sudsy

Registered
Reaction score
Hello

I am new and thinking on buying my first BCD.

Could you tell me the difference between these two bcd's? Is one heavier then the other and how much weight can you carry?

If i carry 22 lbs of weight in my pockets, how much weight would i put in the trim pockets?

Thanks
Sudsy

i guess my question was a stupid one. No one seems to want to answer it.

oh well

Sudsy

Sorry Sudsy,

It's been pretty busy here, time slips away too quickly.

There is quite a difference between the two. You can visit the Mares website to get all the technical differences. The main difference is the Dragon is primarily a jacket style bc and the Icon is 100% back inflate. The Icon is also unique because it folds up into a very small footprint which make travelling with this bc very easy. It is also lighter in weight than the Dragon again good for travel. Both have great features like our new MRS Plus weight system, stainless bent D rings, non ditchable trim weight pockets. Dragon has our patented back protection system and two zippered pockets. Icon has 1 roll down zippered pocket. They both are proving to be quite popular. I think at the end of the day one needs to decide whether they prefer back inflate or jacket, and how much travel one will do. They are both terrific for local diving, cold or warm water, but the Icon will travel a little easier.

I hope this answers your questions. Should you have any specific questions I'll be glad to respond. Hopefully in a more timely manner. :)

Best,

RE: weighting. Each of the bcs use the same weight pockets. You can put up 13lbs per side in the pockets and up to 5lbs per side in the trim pockets. As to how much you would put in the trim pockets; it's really up to you and what kind of tank your diving. It will vary by user and will require a couple of dives to fine tune it to yourself.

Best,

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry i did not mean anything nasty. With me being new i just thought it might have been a stupid question.

I like both of these BCD's just have to decide on which one to buy.

Thanks for your help.

Sudsy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom