Iceland VS Norway (help me decide)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello folks -

I am planning a trip outside USA and the two destinations I am looking towards are Iceland or Norway. I wish I had the money to do both but one foreign trip a year is what I can afford. Can anyone tell me which of the two places is a more interesting dive destination? Also - is diving season specific in those regions? I am also interested in top side photography and long scenic drives. Please help me decide which of the two scores points in dive and which gets point in top side attractions etc. Any tips, pointers etc would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards -

Sinbad.

I've been to Norway but sadly didn't dive. I plan a trip to there for years, and last year we started to arrange 2 weeks there but sadly after the changing of the plane schedules we had to cancel. By the way, I contacted some local dive centers and found this which offered good dives and accommodations as well: Gulen Dive Resort

As I browsed a lot of websites I found many country houses for rent. A lot of them are directly at the seashore and the divers who has tanks can dive as much as they want. However the things are wanted to see in Norway is the Gulen area, the many WW II wrecks around Narvik and the swimming with killer whales. Yes, the water is cold, but it isn't warm in summer neither. Iceland must be nice too but I don't know too much about the possibilities.

Back
Top Bottom