Ice Diving Orientation - 12/9, 12/14

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TxIceDiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
There will be a free Ice Diving Orientation Presentation at Surface Interval Scuba, Arlington, TX on Tuesday 12/9 7:00-8:30pm and Sunday 12/14 3-5pm, Also on 12/14 there is a free Tech diver Orientation from 10am-2pm.

These presentations are targeted towards people that want to know more about ice diving (and technical diving). If you are interested in ice diving or just mildly curious about what kind of nut case would participate in such an endeavor, come on by and we will show you. No obligations, merely informational.

We are runnning an Ice Diving expedition to Okoboji,IA on Feb 6th-9th. If you think that you might want to participate in this adventure, but are not sure, this is the place to get all of the information.

Currently the water temp is 43F and the forecast doesn't get above freezing. So there should be ice starting to form on the lake in the next few weeks. (usually it comes in thick around Christmas)

Randy Cook
TXIceDiver

I will make one of those orientations (only 'cause I am a nut case). Just not sure which one yet.

Cool!! Look forward to seeing you. If you let me know which one ahead of time, I'll supply the ice cream. :)

Are you planning on making the trip again this year?

TxIceDiver

Randy,
Put me down for the orientation on Tues. Dec 9
Did you say there's ice on Okoboji ??

Well cool! Git er' done and come on by. It is only about 60-90 minutes.

JR, yup there is ice forming on Okoboji, check out the web cam at okoboji.com. Spirit Lake is already frozen over with 4-5" around the edges and 1" in the middle. (Best ice reports come from the ice fisherman)

Very fun presentation last night. Glad I got to see what all is involved. But I think I will stay nice and toasty warm for the duration. That Antarctica video was very cool!

And very nice to meet the faces behind the userIDs. :)

Well cool! Git er' done and come on by. It is only about 60-90 minutes.

JR, yup there is ice forming on Okoboji, check out the web cam at okoboji.com. Spirit Lake is already frozen over with 4-5" around the edges and 1" in the middle. (Best ice reports come from the ice fisherman)

Cool web cam, thanks for the info. I like Ice Diving lots of fun, but I like somewhere really warm to dry out afterwards.

Shawn O'Shea

Cool!! Glad you liked it. I enjoyed meeting you.

For those that missed it, I am doing another presentation on Sunday 12/14 3pm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom