Ice Diving – February 25-27, 2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

XJae

Club Web Master
Reaction score
I just posted this on the Wreck Valley site.

I just received the details for TSC’s 2005 Ice Diving trip.

The dives take place in Lake Champlain which is already sufficiently frozen.

The trip costs $445 (based on double occupancy) and includes the PADI Ice Diving certification,
books, academics, four check out dives and two nights stay at the Anchorage Hotel.
Here are some pics from last year.

For those who are already Ice certified, dives will be $50 per day for two days.
They also have additional hotel space available, although I can’t remember the non-package price.

I am definitely interested in this one. This is usually a big diving party weekend so the more the merrier.

Post your interest. I’m planning on signing up for it next week.

I wished I could go. I just got my ice diving certification today. We went to the normal training area for people here in Pittsburgh PA which is a small quarry 60 minutes north. The ice was solid and clear and was 8" thick. It took 4 shots from a high powered revolver to get through the ice enough to test the thickness. I was a little nervous at first but when I got my face in the water I was totally confident. I think the water froze the nervousness out of me. The only thing that sucked was my left dryglove leaked. The water was a warm 36 degrees and the air was around 42. I'll have to remember this trip next year and go. I can not wait to have the opportunity to go again.

congratulations. glad you enjoyed it.

i thought there would be more people interested,
and i know it would be most fun with a big group,
but i suppose i will be going anyway. :)

although, i'll be using wet gloves.

If I didn't already have things going on I would go but my next 6 weeks are pretty much taken. I am hoping to get one more ice dive in here locally but that remains to be seen. Unfortunately there aren't that many here that are certified, though the number is gradually growing. I think some just take the class for the initial experience and that is it. I, on the other hand, am excited to go again. I just got the underwater housing for my new Canon A95 in the mail today. Wished I had it the other day when I did my dive but next time I'll have pics to post. If the dive you posted is an annual thing, I'll definitely keep it in mind for next year. I would love to go. Have fun and hope your hands stay warm.

Back
Top Bottom