Ice Diving Anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TxIceDiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
As the water cools, my mind thinks of dry suits and cold water diving.

If anyone is interested in learning about hard water diving. I will be doing a free informational presentation at Surface Interval Scuba in Arlington, TX on October 16th at 7pm.

This is intented for anyone that might be interested in going ice diving or taking an ice diving specialty in February 2008 or for those that are just curious and want to see what kind of a nut case would do such a thing.

I will have pictures and videos from previous trips. Last year's trip was a blast and most of the divers had so much fun that they are returning again for more punishment.

Randy Cook
Ice Diving Instructor

Welcome to ScubaBoard, Randy! :wavey:

Welcome to the board Randy..I'm planning to attend.

I am definitely planning on taking the trip again. The presentation is very good and Randy has a lot of experience, that's hard to come by in Texas. I recommend seeing the video and pictures and looking at the gear even if you do not plan on taking this trip and you have ever just wondered about what ice diving entails.

Huh? What? What's an ice diver?

Okay,
I was going to speculate on the identity of TxIceDiver; but never mind. I see the avatar. Why! That's Randy ! ! ! ! Hi Randy! Count me in on this trip! That was fun last year -- even if I did have to chip my way through the ice to get out of the water ! ! Ha!

Cool! see you there.

So far I have heard from most everybody that went last year and they are planning on going again. (John, Maurice and Debra. Is Troy going? I assume so. I haven't talked to Steve yet though)

And I have a couple of new students already lined up. I hope to get a few more interested.

As you know, this is fun, quirky adventure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom