Ice/Dan/Dog tag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dani2007

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I thought I have seen some post about it around,but I seem unable to find it again.
I am looking for In case of emergency bracelet or dog tag, medical bracelets.

How do you store medical info about your self when diving, like blood type and know allergies?

On the inside of the lid of my save-a-dive box I have a card laminated and velcroed. It includes all the info needed in case of emergency to include next of kin contact info, medical insurance info, blood type, no alergies to medications, cert. #, religious preference, etc. I always inform my dive buddy and/or surface support of the location of the card. I've also clipped a dog tag (from my army days) to the inside of my bc pocket. As morbid as it sounds, this could assit in body identifcation if necessary.

Here is another possibility: Scuba Diver Tag

Has anyone else had issues with this company? I ordered two of their tags three months ago through my LDS and the company has screwed them up twice. Trying to get my money back. I could have made them at PetSmart in ten minutes for a whole lot less.

Me and my entire crew here use the Scuba Divers Tag.

Wow! That's expensive! $20.

I bought some dog tags online, including shipping, for $8. Only the essentials: name, DAN#, Insurance#, DOB, and emergency contact. I have no allergies, and they can check my blood type quickly.

My thought is that dog tags around your neck are much more likely to be found and checked than an almost anything, except maybe a medical alert bracelet.

Back
Top Bottom