I wish they would all last this long!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dsenloe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
The other day I finally got around to doing an initial check of an old USD regulator I acquired a couple of years ago [house remodel has kept me busy]. The regulator was a Calypso VI with USD OCTO, LPI hose and USD combination SPG/ capillary depth. I would think this was from the mid-late 70s [help with date appreciated] and it had been stored in a nice regulator bag so the chrome is very nice as well. I hooked it to a tank, put on the IP gauge and slowly opened the valve. 135 psi, no creep, no leaks, no free-flow, impressive to say the least. I left it pressurized for two hours, still at 135, turned off the air and got involved with something else. Well I forgot to bleed off the air and when I came down this morning it was still at 135 psi. So not only did the seats still work, all of the o-rings and even the LPI hose connection were perfect. I was just so impressed that I am loath to do anything to this set-up even though it should probably have new soft parts installed. What was strange was that I had just rebuilt a Calypso IV that got all new o-rings and diaphragms. I would love to hear similar stories if you have them Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom