I want to wipe the memory of my Oceanic VT 4.1 computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Silty Sam

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Does anyone know how to completely wipe all the dives from an Oceanic VT 4.1 dive computer?

It's got several dozen past dives on it that MacDive continues to recognize as new dives every time I do a download, so I have to wait, delete and repeat just to get 1-2 new dives.

Just an irritant, not affecting performance at all.

I'll be interested to see if anyone has a way to do that, but I suspect it isn't possible. Pelagic has in the past included the ability to wipe dives from memory on some of their lower end models that get heavy rental usage, but I have not come across it in the higher end models.

I thought with Pelagic that if you download a dive and then delete it, it wouldn't be on the future default selection list. But it sounds like you are using different software, so that may be the difference.

Could be your only solution is to log so many dives that those oldest few roll off the memory!! Sounds like a plan to me.

I don't think it can be done either. There are other threads here and out in the internet that ask but don't answer the question.

Several years ago, the Oceanic software that came with my OCi said that I needed to upgrade the firmware in the computer. I went to the Oceanic website and did as they instructed. There were a few glitches, but overall, everything went well. After the firmware upgrade, all of the stored dives on the computer had been erased. I don't know if this will work on your VT 4.1, but it might.

I have bought a few used Oceanic Geo 2.0 for my kids. We use Subsurface software for logging the dives. There are usually a few dives already on the computers when we get them, but after downloading, they are no longer shown as "new dives" and are not downloaded.

On the VERY outside chance that it actually is available but not published, here are the instructions for the Pelagic made Aeris A100. These at least clear the recent NDL data on that unit so it can go out on another diver the same day with a new user; I am less sure if they also clear the logged dive. The A100 is a one button computer, no idea what button(s) you might use to access the same function, if it exists.

upload_2018-11-24_16-44-53.png

Several years ago, the Oceanic software that came with my OCi said that I needed to upgrade the firmware in the computer. I went to the Oceanic website and did as they instructed. There were a few glitches, but overall, everything went well. After the firmware upgrade, all of the stored dives on the computer had been erased. I don't know if this will work on your VT 4.1, but it might.

I have bought a few used Oceanic Geo 2.0 for my kids. We use Subsurface software for logging the dives. There are usually a few dives already on the computers when we get them, but after downloading, they are no longer shown as "new dives" and are not downloaded.
Good point. That happened to me on my A300CS when I upgraded the firmware before catching up on my dive log download. I lost a full trip of dive logs and was a bit ticked off. So here's hoping you aren't up to date on the firmware!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom