I want to go to Layang Layang! How?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nut Bubblefish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

I want to go to Layang Layang between 23 April and 1st May. I sent E mail ( > 3 months in advance, I thought I was in time...) to Layang Layang island Resort, and they just replied that all flights to Layang are ful at that time. Nice from them, they propose other dates, but I doubt my boss will agree.

Does anyone know a way (boat? airplane?) to go to Layang Layang? Is there only one resort there, and no other way than their to go?

Thanks for any tip.

Only other way would be if you could pull some strings and get yourself on a Malaysian Navy ship/boat.

There is only one resort on Layang Layang.

Layang Layang and Sipadan are always fully booked for the week before and after 1st May. Mostly by Japanese taking their 'Golden Holidays" . so even if you can get a flight out the rooms maybe fully booked.

I am planning to go to Layang Layang in end March through to early April with a dive operator. If you are interested, PM me and I will provide contact of tour operator.

L2 has a leased aircraft that does the runs from KK to the island. This plane is tiny and carries maybe 10 passengers. So if you can consider other dates as they suggest, you may be able to get a seat. I've been there twice, and both times the plane was full but the resort had sleeping rooms available. If your dates are fixed, you might consider staying there for a bit less time (go in a day later/leave a day earlier) and visit Borneo for the rest of the time. I did this the first time I went, staying at L2 for just 5 days, but it was enough since it's a very small place and many of the dive sites they list are really the same dive site from different directions, or are different ends of the same wall.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom