I want to get more into Digital U/W photography

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

okidoki

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello all,

I want to get more into Digital U/W photography but need some opinions abour U/W digital camaras, I was thinking between the Sony DCS P10 and an Olymups.
Any suggestions and why please let me know.

Small Bubbles
Okidoki

The best beginning advice I can give you is to search this forum and/or read the posts from those asking the same qustion. It's very hard to compare Oly and Sony equally as their features can be so different.

You've asked some very broad questions and we need more specific guidelines to go by before even attempting to answer them.

What's your budget?
What kind of pics do you expect/want?
What kind of diving do you do? Mostly beach dives over rough terrain, boat dives while on vacation, etc.

DP Preview is a great place to start. You can comapre camera specs side by side.

If you read these threads, you'll see that Olympus, Canon and Sony are the most commonly used by the photographers here with Olympus leading.

We all did lots of reaserch and think our choices are the best for us so asking what the best is will get you lots of varying answers. So first decide what you need and expect, and a price range for us to work with.

okidoki:
Hello all,

I want to get more into Digital U/W photography but need some opinions abour U/W digital camaras, I was thinking between the Sony DCS P10 and an Olymups.
Any suggestions and why please let me know.

Small Bubbles
Okidoki

Do not discount all of the Oly users here. You will always get a quick, friendly and informed response from the largest Oly UW user community on the web, here at ScubaBoard. That should weigh heavily in your decision to choose Olympus...errr whatever camera you want.

Did I mention Oly is a good choice?

:D

K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom