I want to buy a GoPro, is the housing included the curved one? Any advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alaxias

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
The kit at 199$ at http://gopro.com/cameras/hd-hero-naked-camera have a housing included, I assume it's the old curvy blurry one? If so is there a way to buy the camera alone, I feel it's a waste to buy 2 housings. I am of course referring to the new dive housing at 49$ http://gopro.com/hd-hero-accessories/dive-housing/

I'm thinking of getting it straight from their site (hd hero naked, dive housing and head strap) but if anyone have another idea for shipping to Montreal I'm open to suggestions :)

I don't believe the camera itself is availible, but having a housing for dry land and underwater isn't so bad. You can order directly from GoPro or from Diverightin scuba, very good people.

that is the Hero 1. GoPro only sells the H1 as a naked kit, none of the H2 kits are the 'Underwater Edition'.

The Dive Housing is purposely sold separately. Perhaps in the future they will, with filter would be nice.

Based on youtube videos the H2 is a better camera anyway. (I have the H2)

The Hero2 is twice the camera the Hero1 was in just about every sense. Don't waste your money on the 1. As far as the housings go, GoPro does not yet offer the dive housing in any of their packages and they all come with the standard housing.

We second the advice that the HERO 2 is probably worth the additional money. For any decent underwater focus, you can not used the standard curved lens.

If you do not wish to purchase an additional housing for underwater use, you have another option which will not cost you ANY additional $$$$

We offer a FREE Marklon AR flat lens as an optional free gift when purchasing a HERO 2. Other free options include an AR-15 handle mount or a 16 gig SD card.. You pick which one you want..

GoPro Cameras / Speargun Camera Brackets

Back
Top Bottom