I want a 12m Dive Boat with Bling Factor!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt_O'Brien

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hey all!
I'm looking for a 12m dive boat - looking at 2 x 250hp-300hp outboards for the transom.
Quite like the Mako 284CC - however.. the transom is not good for divers. Other than that i'm in love with the boat!
I'm looking at taking 6 divers max IN STYLE! don't want the boat getting too messed up - so a dedicated dive transom to house the gear is required.
Be looking at semi off-shore dives on the continental shelf.

Anyone seen or have an recommendations?

Cheers
Matt

To run such a boat with only 6 paying passengers probably would not be economically sound. with 2 300 HP outboards you would burn through at least 24 to 30 gallons of gas per hour easily,probably likely even more. With gas at the dock approaching $5. a gallon thats $150. per hour in gas alone.

Why not an inflatable?

The AB Profile F28 would be up your alley. 27'4" length, 10'1" beam, 450 max hp, with a 25 person capacity.

Artigana Battelli is a premium brand and often regarded as producing a higher quality product than Zodiac. Put twin 225 Yamahas on there and you're good to go.

along richard's line of thought: a coast guard patrol boat, in a civilian format, would be a killer dive boat IMO>

Two_U.S._Coast_Guard_patrol_boats_at_Coast_Guard_Station_Indian_River.jpg

Jerry

WOW!!..like that Coast Guard boat Jerry!.(they fit 50 cal machine guns??)...just doing the same excercise on a 12mtr boat now...about to order it in China! but slow at 28,000lb displacement, needs to be ocean going for us with four live aboard crew (for Tonga dives) and support six divers with lifting gear & A frame for salvage, cargo hold etc...fuel is 1.5gall an hour at 7kts cruise..100HP deisle!!...slow and steady..$ $150,000???...more boats for the fleet!!..AGGH...

It wouldn't be terribly practical offshore but you did say "Bling" and "IN STYLE". Also I suspect it costs slightly more than a Mako...:D

Wider 42

WIDER-II-in-acqua.jpg

WOW!!..like that Coast Guard boat Jerry!.(they fit 50 cal machine guns??)..

yes they do fit 50 cal guns. the last time I got stopped for a safety inspection the 50 cal was on the bow mount. I think it had to do with the fact that a guy in a little RIB wearing a DEA windbreaker was picking which boats needed "safety inspections"

cheers
jerry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom