I.S.O imfo on Blue Bonnett hole

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teknadv3x

Contributor
Reaction score
I am looking for any imfo on Blue Bonnett hole located in Austin.

Thanks in advance
Dave

There's a Blue Bonnett hole in Lake Travis, but it's much closer to Marble Falls than Austin. Could that be the place you are looking for?

Teknadv3x:
I am looking for any imfo on Blue Bonnett hole located in Austin.

Thanks in advance
Dave

M G:
There's a Blue Bonnett hole in Lake Travis, but it's much closer to Marble Falls than Austin. Could that be the place you are looking for?

Yes that is correct. Have you ever pulled off a dive there or know of anyone who has?

Thanks Dave

I spoke to a guy at the fish camp on the bluffs near the hole years ago and he had personally seen divers there on one occasion. I haven't personally talked to anyone who has. I went to the hole about a year ago to get depth measurements with a depth finder, but we didn't have time to dive because we had already been diving at the Shaker Plant that day and my buddy needed to get back to Houston. It looks like it would be a really cool dive if the water were clearer. It is so far up the lake the water stays pretty murky year 'round. From a lake level stand point, now is a good time to go. It's difficult getting there when the lake is down even a little. There's not good shore access.

Teknadv3x:
Yes that is correct. Have you ever pulled off a dive there or know of anyone who has?

Thanks Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom