I realize this is a repost, but need Belize help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As dive-aholic says, most diive centers go to the same local sites so in that sense there's little to choose between them. In terms of quality, service, safety etc and just level of enjoyment there can be quite a lot of difference. I agree with ecosvl that Xanadu is absolutely top rate, but I'd also suggest Caribbean Villas, nearby, as lovely and peaceful. They both have beaches instead of the common seawalls, and Xanadu also has a pool.

Depending how important being central to town is for you, you should also consider Banana Beach. Very good value for money and very good anyway, with two pools and a pleasant environment. Lots of scope for fun there. But it is maybe a mile south of town.

Either the dive center ecosvl owns (Ecologic) or mine (Protech) will pick you up from any hotel in the area - as will most operators (incidentally, Steve got his phone number wrong - it's 226-4118). Smaller ones will tend to give more personalised service across the board, but do try to ensure that the one you choose actually does the diving themselves - there are quite a few "booking agents" which look like dive centers but just take a commission and pass you on to someone else. You can get some ideas from the PADI website - PADI are by far the largest dive agency.

Back
Top Bottom