I need more!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver0001

New
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I've been listening to Tool and Rage Against the Machine while running.

And I need more.

I like rock music but these two bands are special. They both have guitar players who understand that the guitar is not an "instrument"--it's a mystic tool for generating sonic vibrations that penetrate straight to the pleasure centers of your brain. You don't "listen" to Tool or "talk intelligently" about RATM, you just "experience" them.

They're also special in that they understand (as band like, for example, Metallica do not) that a solid wall of sound is like a hammer that deadens your sensitivity for the groove. Silence, and not the sound, is the real key to making music and these two bands know it.

So..... who has suggestions for me? I'm looking for more bands that have the gift.

R..

Well, a bit more along the classic punk vein, but certainly a few bands that influenced the above you mentioned:

Social Distortion, check their self-title album.
Bad Religion, check out "All Ages"

And, another band to consider is The Cult, their album "Sonic Temple" is along the lines of what you seem to be digging . . .

If you are looking for more bands with the RATM or Tool sound, I can't really help you but if you are looking for some bands that really craft a sound I would look at old Fate's Warning, Dream Theater maybe some Rush(not a huge fan but Neil Peart is an amazing drummer). Staind puts some pretty good stuff together.

.... and how did I know that slappy was coming along with the Bad Religion????? :) Throw some misfits, the Ramones and some Pistols in while you are at it....

Blitz..... Mommie's Little Monster

Blitz:
.... and how did I know that slappy was coming along with the Bad Religion????? :)

Dude, the soundtrack for my life.

I can't believe you called me slappy . . . :shakehead

Back
Top Bottom