i need help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wazza

Reaction score
Hye every one

I really need to ask some question .
Last week I bought a second hand Inspiration unit and I am not yet a CCR diver and I am not going to dive with it until I will take the course of course, there is only one Inspiration instructor here where I live and he is not available any time anyway my problem is as follow:
when I inflate the lungs air is escaping from under the left T and the wing is inflating by it self very slowly. An other thing do you think I have to service all of the unit and change all the Orings before using it or just the fix the problem I have.
The unit is 5 years old with one hour of run time only, do u think that I have to update or upgrade anything in the unit as well or its still the same since the unit was made.
Finally how much such CCR should be bought in this case.
Thanks for the help
:confused:
no_limit_divers@yahoo.com

Take a look at http://www.btinternet.com/~madmole/divemole.htm for Inspiration details

The unit you have must be out of the ark if its that old and there have been loads of changes to them since that date, New cases, better electronics, the lung design has changed, there is backlighting and newer software in the handsets etc. I hope you didn't pay too much for the unit

As far as the T piece leak is concerned this is pretty common on the older units and will require a new Rubber piece at the base of the T inside the lung. The original fittings had perforations around the edge and these split with time and stop the unit sealing. Replacement is the only option.

You will also need new cells if they are the originals. All these spares can be bought from http://www.ambientpressurediving.com/index.html who are the manufacturers and you should register your unit there to recieve support. You'll also probably want to service the Mouthpiece and the hose connector O rings

Who's unit did you buy? and where are you based, lets see if we can get you some help. Also you should join the Inspiration rebreather lists, APD will get you on them, they are for Inspiration owners only and a great source of info

Have fun with your unit and dont consider going anywhere wet with it until its been checked out by a user and youve had some training

Welcome to the Yellow Side

Thanks for the help
I just send an e-mail to AP Valves asking them about what do I need to upgrade or fix anything with the unit.
Still need to know that if I took the course later on, I can dive with it and I still have the old software and electronics it doesn’t mater or there is any problem with that?
By the way madmole I saw your web page one month ago and I think its great I learned a lot from it, if I need to buy anything concerning the CCR I can buy it from u as well am I right?
Thanks again

Wazza , the only thing I sell will be some software for the Inspiration (shortly, not yet finished). APD is the place to go

As for the software etc, dont worry about it, I have the same software in my unit and it works fine, it just misses the nice touched like backlights and some extra set up reminders (you dont need them once you have got your pre dive check routine)

Some folks will pay extra for the older Fibre glass cases as they are deemed to be stronger and easier to mount things onto

Just give it a good service/clean/O2 lube and swap all the main O rings and youll be away, ready to do your training on it. Then once youve done your training everyone will think you must be an old hand, cos thats an early unit :wink:

Feel free to ask if you need any help servicing it, There are exploded diagrams etc on my site, but mainly you need to give the mouthpiece a good service (picture sequence on my site) and swap all the double O rings on the hose connectors (they compress with age). Rounding out the connector fittings will also work well on your units (and make the O rings last longer)

Training is fun and you'll learn a lot. Make sure you ask lots of questions and take it nice and slow afterwards, There is a lot to learn and unlearn. I spent 2 or 3 sessions in the pool just doing drills and swimming circles up and down the slope into the deep end to get the feel for the bouyancy changes and that you cant adjust it by breathing

Dear madmole

In your web site, the Rebuild section u have some of the pieces shown how to service then, aren’t you going to show the rest?
And one more question and I am shy to ask it but I could not yet fined the serial number Of the machine.
:bonk:
By the way I sent an email to APV and they answered me back about most of my questions and there are more to come thanks for your help.
:wink:

Yep, I will eventually get round to the service stuff and photographing it but the owners survey has taken over my life at present and has been a bit more succesful than I ever imagined :rolleyes:

As for the serial number, Get your best Sherlock Holmes magnifier out. Its on the scrubber lid amongst the hose fittings. Its extremely faint and made up of small dots. Its about 5mm high and 15mm long (1/4 inch high and 1/2 inch long for those hillbillys that havn't learnt the decimal system yet :wink: ). I had to look for 5 mins before I saw it and that was with Nicky from APD on the phone telling me where to look

Back
Top Bottom