I need a new shoulder-clip light (or two)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

what's the appeal of a light with a battery like that, as opposed to a light that has external battery contacts so it can be charged without opening?
There are some like that too, right?
I understand the corrosion potential, but if it's a quality design.... that shouldn't be an issue
Seems to me that every time you open it you increase the potential for o-ring wear or damage...or a little piece of something dirtying up the seal.
Personally, I don't want a fixed battery.

I prefer to be able to use new batteries as needed rather than having one degrading over time inside my light. Also, I can swap to a fresh battery immediately after a dive to be ready to go again without having to recharge. I can use rechargeable or standard alkaline too. Options.

I have never had a light flood so opening is a non-issue for me. I have heard of corrosion to the USB ports as you mention though on that style. To each their own.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom