I need a good, helpful online vendor and/or advice....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matts1w

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Jakarta, Indonesia & Canggu, Bali, Indonesia
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi all:

I have been shooting pics for about five years, and for the last three with the following system I purchased as a package:

Sea and Sea DX-GE5
Sea and Sea Wide angle conversion lens.
Sea and Sea YS-02 Strobe with fiber optic cable
Sea and Sea YS-17 Strobe as a slave
Sea and Sea Arm Light Double Set (Product No.20503)

Here is my situation…I live in Jakarta, Indonesia so the only real options I have here is Sea and Sea as the dive shops in South Jakarta do not carry a lot. Consequently, I am pretty much self-taught and happy with the pics I am taking now and like the camera. I just feel like I have taken that camera as far as it can go and have outgrown it. I doesn’t shoot RAW, the focus is a bit iffy, etc…

So here is my question. I don’t know what I want, and hopefully someone here can point me to a great online vendor who can work with me and I will pick everything up next month when I visit the US. I am of course hoping to get some ideas here too.

Additional information:
-I am not sure if I want an SLR, but I want something better
-Being in Indonesia, I am most interested in macro
-I don’t care about video
-It would be great to be able to use some of what I already have…maybe the strobes?
-I have a budget around $3000 USD

Thanks so much in advance!

Backscatter, Reef Photo, and Optical Ocean Sales should all be able to help you with what you need.

You can buy Nauticam housing in Jakarta (Sea Pearl) or Bali (ocean pixel) - very competitive price; moreless same price as in US and much cheaper than Europe.
I bought my Nauticam in Jakarta for my OMD-EM5. Quite happy with this system.
You can use your strobes in manual mode. I use YS-01 but never use its TTL.

Thanks, Winsu. I go up there once every year or two to get my regs worked on. I had already looked at their website and not seen anything. May have to force myself another trip to Central JKT. Ugggh.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom