I Need a BC "repairer" in Houston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grajan:
Does anyone know someone in the Houston area that can do a neat job adding a 'D' ring to the shoulder of a BC?

Thanks

Depending on were you want it,,,,so long as the BCs bladder does not enter the area you wish the d-ring,,,,any seamstress should be able to sew the d-ring on using webbing.....d-rings are avlb. at better hardware stores and you may have an old shoulder strap of a bag or something you never use to be cut for the webbing. JUST make sure the air bladder in the BC is clear of the area to be sewd!! I would be there when the work is done.

If a seamstress gives you a funny look got to a cobbler (shoe repair) and ask them. They have heavier needles and might be more willing to do something like this. Please as stated above make sure they will no where near the air bladder.

Lukiedukie:
If a seamstress gives you a funny look got to a cobbler (shoe repair) and ask them. They have heavier needles and might be more willing to do something like this. Please as stated above make sure they will no where near the air bladder.

Good thought Luke with the shoe cobbler idea!

texdiveguy:
Good thought Luke with the shoe cobbler idea!

I wish I could claim it as mine. Truckdiver told me that he had some velcro stiched on to his old bcd and that is where he took it to. I am just the parrot repeating what I heard hear. Hope this helps

That is a good idea. It is well away from the bladder on the front of the shoulder strap but it is very thick there.

Graham

Lukiedukie:

Back
Top Bottom