I miss Utila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Batfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Been in Thailand for 3 years now and still love it when I meet anyone who's been to Utila. The place still has a hold. Special people. Anyone else out there who loves Utila??

hey Sunrise!

I just got back from Utila; definitely a special place. Was there for about six weeks, stayed at countryside. Gotta love it!

I just got a quite disturbing email from a friend of mine who is instructing on Utila saying that the mayor has allowed the fishermen back near the coast, so they are actually competing for the divebuoys with the fishermen. How sick is that? :bonk:

Hmm, on a better note; black hills is still there! jeez, I love that site...
Then again, even Iron Bound (positively the most crappy site I have ever been to) would be good enough for me right now, seeing as I am in Holland ...
You have definitely got the location part of your life sorted out better than me!

Would love to hear about some of your experiences with the island

greetz,

subq

I know only to well what you mean, I lived and worked at Utila Lodge for the 2000-01 season and miss it all the time, especially when you are freezing your can up here. It didn't help spending some time with some of the people from there when we were at DEMA.

hey fredk,

I remember you recommended diving with BICD to me when I posted a request for info on DM-courses on Utila. I did and it was great. Thank you! I even had the (somewhat strange/unnerving) pleasure to do a few training dives with Louis; He was one of the few instructors who actually got mad if yuo srewed up. Definitely learned alot from the bastard:)

Yep! That would be the one!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom