I miss Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Juls64

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I see a post from East Texas and get this homesick feeling.

I was born down in Baytown, lived & married in Austin, but have been stuck up here in Illinois for a number of years. Family is still spread all over Texas. Austin, Leander, Seguin, Spring, Carthage. I have a few more years up here to allow my kids to finish school. Then I will try to move back home.

Sorry for the intrusion, its just that seeing all the posts from Texas makes me miss being there.

Julie

Awe Juls, I know how you feel. I just did the opposite and moved from Chicago to Texas last year.
It's much harder then I thought leaving your friends and doctors! I loved my Chicago doctors. And I loved the Chicago schools my oldest went to. It was a blue ribbon school, and much better then the school down here.

But, there is also many things I love about Texas. I hope you can feel the same about IL.

Feel free to visit the forum anytime. I do the same with the GreatLakes forum!

P.S. I live 15 miles from Baytown.

I have had many great opportunities up here.All the culture Chicago has to offer, the Cubs, Great Lakes diving, real snow, Chicago during the reign of the Bulls. Even little things like when I was able to read Mike Royko everyday and watch Ray Rayner. The schools my kids attend are excellent and I wouldn't even consider moving them.

I think it has more to do with not having any family close by, more than anything else. But I guess we are both fortunate to get to know both worlds!

Julie

got a laugh from that, kev...

Julie, be glad you're not here right now, tho...there have been record amounts of oak pollen this week, everyone is sneezing, coughing, hacking, and downing sudafed by the handful...no diving this weekend since the sinuses are blown out.

You got pollen, we were supposed to get snow!

Its always something!

Julie
aka- Miss Texas

You can take a Texan out of the state, but you can't take the state out of a Texan.

Don't worry, Julie....Texas will still be here when you're ready to come home. It's not going anywhere! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom