I met the "great ones"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great ones? Oh, goodness, and this from one of my long-respected internet mentors . . . You KNOW you were one of the people I "cyberstalked" on SB when I found this place, you and UP and Doc Intrepid (who I didn't actually meet for the first time this week, but got to spend time talking to for the first time -- it's been a fabulous week for meeting idols . . . ) and a couple of others.

It has amazed me over and over again how, apart from the occasional surprise at someone's appearance (HBDiveGirl is TALL!) the first meeting with someone you have spent a lot of time talking to and listening to on line never feels like a first meeting, really. Yes, Rob, I am actually VERY shy IRL, but having made contact on line really ameliorates that.

I hope this was just the first and briefest meeting of many.

And you look a lot younger than you paint yourself as looking :)

There is only one "Great One" :D

NMaBnEieEueWi5d.jpg

Hail to the great ones.:D
At least they are still modest.:)

Just to bad I had to miss this,so close and yet so far.

Next time just stay for a day (or 2) :D

Do you have another stop-over on Schiphol on the way back? :)

If so, when?

Make it a sunday or monday.
Heck I need to meat a GREAT ONE.:D

Besides El and mania.:rofl3:
Rob is following VERY soon :evil:

Unfortunately, we have only a very short layover in Amsterdam on the way home -- not the 12 hour one we had going over.

Peter Guy:
Rob, a Hobbit? I've always referred to myself as the old, short, balding, fat guy (at least on my Dressage BB). I was amazed you thought I would be bigger (taller?).

Maybe part of it is living in Holland. By Dutch standards *I* am tiny. :)

I hope this was just the first and briefest meeting of many.

Me too.

And you look a lot younger than you paint yourself as looking :)

Well.... You weren't there for the transformation. Most of the grey in my hair happened fairly suddendly and spending a year on a health down-swing and the resulting depression resulted in shocking amounts of fat... LOL There's a reason I shaved off my beard.... :)

I hear you can reverse grey, though. And fat comes off too.... so who knows. We'll see how I look in April.

R..

Back
Top Bottom