I’m looking for a dive flag and float.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teamcasa

Sr. Moderator
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Don't know who makes them or where to buy them on line, but every shop I have ever been in offers a flag on weighted shaft which slides through a styrofoam float. Very sturdy and comparitively priced.

Teamcasa:
I’m looking for a quality dive flag and float. It needs to be portable (airline) and durable.
This is a good one if you plan on flying with it. Rather than using a lead weight for stability, you air in a top compartment, and some water in a 2nd compartment at the base. If it is the same one I have, the plastic is thicker than most air mattresses and it's reasonably rugged.

Thanks Charlie,
I plan on doing several shore dives in Kona, Hawaii and I was looking for a good quality flag that I could take on the plane. If you say its a tough one, I'll give it a try. I may end up just buying one in Kona and leaving it there for the next guy!

Dave

I use a Subsalve Quad bag sometimes. It it is an open ended lift bag with a dive flag painted on the side. Its not a stand up flag, but in my experience it gets the job done if the boaters have any idea what the signal means in first place.

Splitlip:
Don't know who makes them or where to buy them on line, but every shop I have ever been in offers a flag on weighted shaft which slides through a styrofoam float. Very sturdy and comparitively priced.
The best ones that I have used are made by slic: http://www.slicdive.com/flags.html . You want a large bouyant float like the slic flags otherwise the flag can get pulled underwater if you are diving in a current. The problem is the ones with the large float are not as portable for travelling on a plane.

Igodeep:
I use a Subsalve Quad bag sometimes. It it is an open ended lift bag with a dive flag painted on the side. Its not a stand up flag, but in my experience it gets the job done if the boaters have any idea what the signal means in first place.

Thanks Clay, That looks like the winner!

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom