I know what JPEG AND RAW Files are, but?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CheddarChick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
EXIF 2.2 • DPOF 1.1
What are these type of files? Are they replacements for the RAW files?

Quick description of both:
The EXIF (Exchangeable Image File) format is used by nearly all digital cameras to store extended camera information. It contains information about the time and date that an image was taken, together with exposure information such as ISO-speed, shutter time and aperture used. When an image is compressed by EXIF it stores the information in the header of each JPEG file. This means that any program that supports JPEG files, which includes all web browsers and image editing applications can read the information. The EXIF format uses sRGB as the default color space.
DPOF (Digital Print Order format) is a format which allows the user of a digicam to define which captured images on the storage card are to be printed, together with information on the number of copies or other image information.
It usually consists of a set of text files in a special directory on the storage card. This option can be assessed through one of the menu modes on the camera. The storage card can then be taken to a print shop or output through compatible desktop printers at home.
http://www.dcviews.com/tutors-t.htm?tt53813

You are a god!!! LOL I thought for a minute they were a new RAW format, and that I had found the camera of my dreams for a better price. Ah well back to the search for the new camera...

Google is your friend (and mine...)

Back
Top Bottom