I Know It's A Stupid Question.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parrotheaddiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Southeast of Disorder...and San Marcos, Texas
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
but I have a good reason for asking.
Does anyone know if the agents will stop you from taking fruit :banana: from the states into Coz. I'm not talking about a lot just enough for one persons consumption.

In general, customs will confiscate any fruit you bring in from overseas (not only Mexico, but anywhere). This applies to any amount. The idea is to keep agricultural pests out of the US.

Rich

but it's good that you asked before you chanced it. Fruit is one of the things they ask about on the customs form--whether you're going into another country or coming back to the US. They will take it up if they find it (ask the idiot I saw at the airport who tried to bring a coconut back from Belize), so it's best just to buy what you need at the store in Coz.

cxg31s:
but it's good that you asked before you chanced it. Fruit is one of the things they ask about on the customs form--whether you're going into another country or coming back to the US. They will take it up if they find it (ask the idiot I saw at the airport who tried to bring a coconut back from Belize), so it's best just to buy what you need at the store in Coz.

I was afraid of that. I was wanting to bring some fruit not found in Coz to a friend that lives there.
Thanks anyway

If I read your post correctly, you inquired about taking fruit into Coz, not about taking it back to the US.

No, you cannot bring fruit into Mexico from outside of their national border. Moreover, you cannot even bring fruit purchased in Mexico across some Mexican state borders.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

parrotheaddiver:
I was afraid of that. I was wanting to bring some fruit not found in Coz to a friend that lives there.
Thanks anyway

Well, just tell your friend they'll just have to come visit you here and they can eat all the fruit they want AND see you in the process! :)

Ok another stupid question! How about ice tea bags and sweet and Low. Can we take that to mexico?

should be no probelm with taking tea bags and sweet and low. I have a aunt that takes all but the kitchen sink, including canned goods when going to Acapulco(sp). Fruit either way is a no no that is for sure.

NDH:
Ok another stupid question! How about ice tea bags and sweet and Low. Can we take that to mexico?
Anything that is packaged and sealed should be fine. When my munchkins were babies we used to pack almost all of their food for the week! Even stuff that is not sealed should be ok. WE packed food in our carry ons AND in our checked luggage. Thank goodness they're out of that stage. Never had any problems taking it into Mexico OR bringing other sealed leftovers home. Just not the fruit. Sorry! :(

NDH:

No problem with anything that is packaged and sealed. I take teabags, sweet & low, peanuts, nutrigrain bars, packaged dried fruit, etc etc, on all my trips and they don't even look twice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom