I knew they'd be small...I didn't know they'd be SMALL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation

Relocated to South Florida....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
My much anticipated ScubaPro jets showed up yesterday - in the midst of setting up my BP/W that also showed up.

So While I'm tramping around my So Cal home breaking a sweat in my 50/50 whilst sizing my BP/W, I thought I'd try them on.

I have tiny feet for a guy - 8.5 (gee, thanks dad...) SO I thought, no worries, I'll get the XL's and have lots of room in my smallish size 9 DUI rockboots.

WRONG.

Even the XL's are too small for me. You guys said they were small, but I didn't think they'd be, well SMALL. I can't imagine what you guys with real feet (10 - 12...) do with these things - even with Turbo Soles. Maybe the new DIR toe kick?

Sadness. :(

Back to eBay with 'em. Hello Turtles.

Surely I take a small or medium in turtles, right?

K

Turtles only come in size FB (fat bastard), also known as XXL - and it's not a single size up from an XL JetFin - they're flippin' huge. My attached drysuit boots are too large for XL JetFins, yet Turtles are so large they flap about on my feet like clown shoes. I've got a pair of Turtles I've used once destined for eBay as well.

Haven't found a blade fin that fits my drysuit boots yet. Currently using Twin Jet splits, but don't want to show up at DIR-F with them. Bit of a dilemma.

Some folks I know just use wet suit boots with thier drysuit. That way they can use the same fins for both. They have used this set up for GUE Cave 1 so it must be OK for DIR.

This might save you from having to buy more fins.

Good luck

Chad

Mo2vation once bubbled...
My much anticipated ScubaPro jets showed up yesterday - in the midst of setting up my BP/W that also showed up.

So While I'm tramping around my So Cal home breaking a sweat in my 50/50 whilst sizing my BP/W, I thought I'd try them on.

I have tiny feet for a guy - 8.5 (gee, thanks dad...) SO I thought, no worries, I'll get the XL's and have lots of room in my smallish size 9 DUI rockboots.

WRONG.

Even the XL's are too small for me. You guys said they were small, but I didn't think they'd be, well SMALL. I can't imagine what you guys with real feet (10 - 12...) do with these things - even with Turbo Soles. Maybe the new DIR toe kick?

K

At my DIRF class Andrew and Mike suggested that people not use the rockboots. That would make the JetFins fit okay. As to their reasons why not to use the rockboots, you had probably better get it from them, as I was diving wet, and didn't have to pay too much attention to that issue, particularly in view of all the other issues cascading over me at the time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom