I just tried the new Force Fin out that Bob Evans calls his "Hockey Fin"...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are several pictures of the "Hockey" fins in the Force Fin forum. Look under "Yellow Hockey Fins". I added one below.

I have been diving these for almost 2 years and I am glad that Dan's review parallels mine - but it really is not surprising.

Just as a little history - they are called "Hockey" fins because Bob originally developed them for a ScubaBoard member to use playing underwater hockey. After a couple of tries he made 3 pairs for testing by a couple of us (all in black). After feedback from us, he modified the fins and the material and made them available on a limited basis.

My Yellow Hockey Fins are a further modification mostly using a slightly softer material.

As Dan indicated - these fins will do ANY kick, easily and effectively - even using these 65 year old legs - with almost no strain upon two bad knees and a bad hip and no cramping even in Cozumel currents. They allow me to turn around into a current and hold position to take pictures that I used to just wish I could get.

Attachments

• Yellow Hockey Fins.jpg
    Yellow Hockey Fins.jpg
    313.3 KB · Views: 402
thanks for the feedback, I am the guy these fins were designed for... and yes, I play underwater hockey with them and they absolutely rock for that purpose. Biggest issue with them is the lack of size options, although for 99% of divers the options are fine, for underwater hockey, I really need to be barefoot and Large would be perfect.

I love my hockeys... they are also the easiest fins to back up in..if you just flutter them a little with the tips off to the side and you find yourself reversing without all the funny knee-scissoring you'll use with other fins..

I just love the thicker blade and the feel of the material as the feedback is great.

I think that you can get Black in the XL's now. These are still not made and put in inventory, they are made on request, so it takes a while for them to ship. It took almost 4 months to get my yellow Hockey Fins (but they are a "one of a kind"). But they were worth the wait.

I know that Bob is looking at some major retooling so maybe the L will be available in the not to distant future and he will start stocking these(in all sizes) for quicker delivery..

So would the XL be appropriate for a drysuit boot such as a 10 Bare drysuit boot?

Actually I would get XXL.

I wear size 10/11 and use XXL. With 3 mm light soled boots (full height or shorties) I use 2 comfort inserts - with 3 mm heavy soles or 5 mm medium soles I use 1 insert and with heavy 5 or 7 mm boots I use no insert. The insert concept is almost as great an idea as the Force Fins themselves. :)

The use of the comfort inserts allows you to use the fins with a wide variety of boots. The inserts not only reduce the height of the foot pocket but they also wrap around so they also narrow them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom