I just ordered my new drysuit!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Weezle

Reaction score
I just ordered my DUI 350se drysuit. I can't wait for it to get in. They tell me it should arrive by next Tuesday, yeah. :cool:

Anyway - I registered a few days ago here, but have been mostly lurking, reading posts... Looks like you guys have a great community here, which I hope to be a part of.

A little bit of bio -
I live and work in Knoxville, Tennessee, for a company that writes student loans for college kids. The company I work for is non-profit, and they give lots back to the community here.
I really enjoy my job as a Telecom Engineer working with phone equipment mainly. As well as planning and implementing new call center projects.

There are several quarries in the area that I dive at, and am looking forward to being able to dive year round.
I am 27 years old and have been diving for 2 years during which time I have logged just over 100 dives. I am Open Water and Nitrox certified. Most of my diving is between 45 and 80 ffw in water temps between 50f - 68f.

Once again, I am glad to be here...

Joe

Originally posted by Weezle
I just ordered my DUI 350se drysuit. I can't wait for it to get in. They tell me it should arrive by next Tuesday, yeah. :cool:

Anyway - I registered a few days ago here, but have been mostly lurking, reading posts... Looks like you guys have a great community here, which I hope to be a part of.

Most of my diving is between 45 and 80 ffw in water temps between 50f - 68f.

Once again, I am glad to be here...

Joe

Welcome Weezle... hey that's the name of my underwear!!!
You will be a happy camper in your new drysuit...
Do you have the undergarment yet???

I have the weezle extreme undergarment - I love it so far.
My drysuit is just like the regular 350, except it has the shoulder zipper and no suspenders. But for 800 plus tax, I don't think I could beat it. Thanks!

I am just going through the class right now - but so far so good. I have always hated that I couldn't dive year round, but I plan to do it as much as possible. I have been diving so far with 6mil wetsuit, but quitting diving in october, so I can't wait...Maybe I will get to dive this or next weekend.

Oh, and about the weezle undergarment - I especially like that the neck is insulated - not just ending at the bottom of the collar like the DUI garments..

Later..

Oh, and about the weezle undergarment - I especially like that the neck is insulated - not just ending at the bottom of the collar like the DUI garments

I really like that about the weezle too Weezle....
One thing I don't like though...
You have to stay ahead of getting gas out of the suit...
Wait too long and the weezle *plumps*...
You will no doubt have a should dump and that should help....

Hello Weezle, I just got into going dry too. I got the off the shelf ce200. Though I'm already thinking of trilaminate for the next one.I was surprised to hear you get 50F water. We see a lot of that in Mass. I've been diving ...for a while and after going on a wreck dive in Sept. with 13 other divers and seeing only the 7 dry suit divers do the 2nd and3rd dives I knew it was time. Dive safe! Joe R.

We have you now..... you'll NEVER go back to diving wet unless it's in a tropical suit!

BRHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :maniac:

~SubMariner~

Pug: One of the reasons I liked the weezle was the fact that it plumps up, but I can see where that could be a problem
The shop I deal with here in Tennessee uses weezle for all their drysuit rentals.

Joe: We dive in limestone quarries most of the time that have deep walls above water, so they don't get sun as much time as larger bodies of water, but even in august below the thermocline it doesn't get much warmer than about 60f.

Submariner: I haven't been getting too cold diving in wetsuits, but then again I haven't been diving past October here. I figure that once I get used to the drysuit, the cold will be one less stress to worry about.
I probably won't use a wetsuit anywhere north of florida from now on...

later!

Pug: One of the reasons I liked the weezle was the fact that it plumps up, but I can see where that could be a problem
The shop I deal with here in Tennessee uses weezle for all their drysuit rentals.

Weezle...
Another thing I noticed is that since the outer shell is wind proof (try blowing through it) it is slower to dump out of the wrist valve than I like....so I modified it with small holes right under the dump...I created these with a soldering pencil...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom