I hope you don’t mind if I stop in and say “Hello”…

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lsorenson

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm just an old man (OK, if your 25 I am...) who never thought he would make it to the age of 37 but now, a month into 50 I find myself more and more thankful that I have made it this far…! I have a wonderful wife who not only tolerates me but was the driving force behind getting our OW. I am a proud parent of an Air Force pilot; much smarter than I ever was as I jumped out of them planes back when I was playing army…

After reading several threads I noticed two things (no big surprises with either) 1, it looks like most folks are here to help as well as share and really enjoy doing so…. 2, the water gets churned up and out come the sharks…. Much like life, so many individuals, so many personalities, so many ways to do this or that….! It’s never easy to sit idly by in the passenger’s seat when you think your going the wrong way, fact is; there is more than one way to get anywhere… More so is what got you there… Are you a Chevy or a Ford guy? Does it really matter that much if you like one and I like the other? Heck, as long as it gets me home safely, what more can I ask for?

I have come here and hope to learn from your experiences as well as ask the occasional dumb question as there will be a learning curve but by doing so I hope in time, that I will be able to aid in helping others. Helping; it seams like the reason this forum is here… I am all for helping as it seams like we have lost the ability to slow down and help others. Sorry, I digressed…

Please try and tolerate the occasional dumb question as I do try and do my due diligence before asking and thank you in advance for sharing you knowledge not only with me but all of the other perfect strangers reading and learning from the forum…!!!

I hope you will have me…

Lee (Chevy guy) Sorenson

Hi Lee,

It's about time you surfaced here.:D

Welcome on :sblogo:

Have FUN.:D

Welcome to ScubaBoard and to diving Lee. I assume from your dive count that you just recently certified? You are right that most people on ScubaBoard truly do wish to assist other divers in any way possible. That does not always translate into answers that they wanted or expected though. Try to not over-react if a certain response rubs you the wrong way. Thick skin will get you far on SB :wink:. If you are here to learn, then you will take much from this site and its members. Ask as many questions as you want but do use the :search: feature first to read what has been said previously. If your question remain unanswered, ask away and have fun. This on top of your training and a healthy relationship with other divers and hopefully a mentor, will get you thinking about the water non-stop.

Welcome.

Some of the members here have helped me piss away alot of money going to "heretofor wierd" place to scuba dive.

Thanks for the welcome guys... I hope I can earn your trust and respect...!

lee

Welcome. Hear you on the age thing. NEVER expected I'd survive this long, and as they say, I might have been motivated to take better care of this body along they way if I had expected to keep it (nearly) whole this long!
By the way, What's a Chevy? Harley's rule!

Greetings Lee;
I've just joined SB & find someone w/ very similar life travel. Coast Guard Flight Engineer & Mechanic ('76-'80), Elizabeth City, NC. Once in FL the wife & I got certified '83 and I've moved forward from there. I've taught since '88, gone on to Cave & TriMix for my personal desire to one day dive the wrecks of the Great Lakes.
Bought my retirement (28 years as firefighter / paramedic) truck from a USCG buddy in Charlotte. NC would be our home choice if FL becomes tiresome.
Ask away. It is a pleasure to share the joys & tips of sport diving. Perhaps we'll cross pathes along the ocean floor. You're only as old as you feel. 53 is the new 43.
Paul (Ford trucks, former GM dork) Sumner

"Harley's rule!"...
Fair enough Jim! Some years back I had an FX which I rebuilt after a woman broadsided me running a red light in Jamaica Queens NY... It never was quite the same and sold it with the promise I would build another from scratch someday. Guess I am still waiting for that "someday"!

lee

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom