I have joined the dark side...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well most likely heres whats on the list

1. the pt-015 housing-- is top priority after x-mas
2. tray-- most likely the fisheye try in a red color
3. strobe S&S YS 90DX with fiber optic sync cord
3a. Ball arm set for strobe
4. travel case for set up (most likely a pelican)

then down the road, some close up lenses, and/or second strobe

but then again like all plans are subject to change

but i will go over the comparison and post it up there

Scubatooth, hmm now its time to change my sig

Dee

Welcome into the light!!

It's funny how we become attached to brands. My recently purchased 5050 is my second digital camera. I started off with a basic Canon A40 (out of production now) because I was a bit sceptical about digital. Prior to that I had Olympus SLR cameras - OM10, OM30, OM2N. NOw I feel that I've come home with the C5050.

Have to agree with you - this board was very persuasive in taking me towards Olympus. But I didn't need much persuasion!!

I also purchased one 2 days ago, it's in the mail as we speak, should arrive in another few days.

Will now have to retire my trusty old MX-10 and get used to this new digital stuff.
I have been lurking for some months now reading all your comments regarding all the various cameras.
I have been to websites reading reviews and comments on most of the notable cameras and decided that the Oly was the one.

I guess I will be busy over the next few weeks reading the manual and experimenting with all the different settings, once I get comfortable with it I will take it for a dunk.

fergy

Thanks to all the great info I found here as well as links to all the other great Oly 5050 sites. Without all your posts and replies, I never could have made an educated decision. I also just ordered my 5050/PT-015. As soon as I receive the camera, I will take photos of my MX-10 rig and put that up for sale. I really enjoyed the MX-10 but on my last dive trip to Hawaii and Maui (where I met Gilligan down at Makena), I spoke with other divers and divemasters about the benefits of a digital camera. They almost all agreed that the learning curve is much easier due to the "instant" photo review and ability to make corrections on the next dive, not the next dive trip after you developed your 35mm film and got only a few keepers out of 6 rolls of film. I also experienced Murphy's law on every dive- as soon I run out of film, the eagle ray/turtle/shark just happens to stroll past my camera....
I will spend the next few months reading the manual and getting to know the camera and housing so in 2004, I can start posting some UW digital shots. This board ROCKS!:thumb:

Hey rad21, I also joined the dark side then!

YES ...
I have ordered my C-5050 (www.6ave.com) and PT-015 (newegg.com) and they 're on their way!

I want to thank all of you, specially Scubatooth for the great explanation and comparison provided.

In a few weeks I will be out on my way to Brazil (Fernando de Noronha and Recife) where I will be taking my first UW pics.

Hey warren_l .... now 2 more converts with rad21 and myself.

UW Cheers!!!

- Fred

I am setting here with one eye on the comp screen and the other on the window waiting for the brown truck to bring my 5050. :)

The Pt-015 may be fairly easy to get for a while, it appears to fit the 5060 also so production should continue at least during the life of the 5060

Hi.. My first post on this board.. A happy result of spending the past few weeks reading through all the Canon vs. Olympus advice on this forum-- I've also gone the Olympus way and ordered the 5050z and PT-015..

Unfortunately the camera delivery's been delayed (the housing arrived in the meanwhile, and is waiting on the kitchen sideboard !). I can't wait to try them out..

Thanks for helping me make up my mind on this !!

The Pt-015 may be fairly easy to get for a while, it appears to fit the 5060 also so production should continue at least during the life of the 5060
The PT-015 will not fit the C5060. The C5060 has it's own housing, the PT-020 and it is quite different to the earlier PT series as we know it.

Scubatooth once bubbled...
ok Dee a couple of weeks ago i started a thread telling you that you were tempting me to the dark side with the c5050 for underwater,

I thought you were trading in your Force Fins for Jets...

sorry...wrong Darkside.

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom