I have a wonderful wife.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

don't forget the tax potential of a larger boat. If it has a head, bed, and a kitchen, I believe it qualifies as a second home, and thus a tax write off. If your going to buy one, get one that'll help you out in more ways than one. Plus it gives you a place to cool out when you and the misses have arguments. Beats the heck out of the couch.

My boat is actually dry docked, set on a big rack when not in use. It's a lot cheaper than an in water slip and in salt water it's a lot better on the boat. All I have to do is call 1 hr ahead and it's floating when I get there. Best of both worlds.

I have been looking to upgrade my boat also and I, too, am tight with money. I found many in the "traders" in the 18' to 26' range for under $8,000.00 and if you want to save money, you'll definately want to "tow it" instead of "slip it". This will also add to the variety of dive locations as long as you have the HP to put it in and out of the many different quality of launch sites. Definitely a deep "V" for wave cutting or your kidneys will pay. I, personally, prefer a stern drive for shallow clearances and weedy spots. Keep us posted on what you find.

Back
Top Bottom