I had a completely underexposed pic today, that I like...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

friscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
My camera jammed on me for some reason I've yet to figure out (I'm sure I did something wrong) and came back just when I saw this guy. All the settings were wrong and it was low light. The only thing I've done with it was cropping something white out of the top right corner and resizing it for web use.

Mileage may vary on whether you like it or not, but it's my first really bad keeper as far as I'm concerned.

later,

Cool shot. I like his eye.

haha, looks like when I shoot in Manual Mode!

i think it is a shark thing. all my shark pictures come out under exposed also. Wasn't that nice of "hot" Catherine to laugh (LOL- catherine). Just giving her a hard time. I just blame my bad shots on my buddy.

Melissa

Just a quick question. I'm not trying to hijack this thread in any way. (cool pic BTW Steve) But since I see there are a couple of photogs up early on the board.. I was just wondering with the coming of the digital age and all these .jpg's running around the internet is there a lot of image theft going on? I mean if a company in Tasmania needs a image for their campaign for widgets and finds a image somebody in Kalamazoo has on their blog... Whats to stop them?? Isn't that guy (or gal) in Kalamazoo entitled to something monetary and doesn't he have to give permission?? Or are random shots no longer of any value because the supply is so vast?

es601:
Just a quick question. I'm not trying to hijack this thread in any way. (cool pic BTW Steve) But since I see there are a couple of photogs up early on the board.. I was just wondering with the coming of the digital age and all these .jpg's running around the internet is there a lot of image theft going on? I mean if a company in Tasmania needs a image for their campaign for widgets and finds a image somebody in Kalamazoo has on their blog... Whats to stop them?? Isn't that guy (or gal) in Kalamazoo entitled to something monetary and doesn't he have to give permission?? Or are random shots no longer of any value because the supply is so vast?

I'd bet there's a lot of image theft going on. Personally, I'm not a photographer and don't make a dime directly off photos so it's kind of flattering. Credit would be appreciated though. I've got a pic of garden eels that someone put on thier blog and suddenly my transfer usage is way up just from that one picture. It'll slow down as soon as it's archived or I might say something or just change the file name on the image. Commercial usage, I would definitely say something.

I do reduce the quality enough to reduce file size for the web that most images couldn't print worth a darned. You've got a great question. It deserves it's own thread, I remember justleesa had troubles with someone using her image on their business card last year.

later,

friscuba:
I'd bet there's a lot of image theft going on. Personally, I'm not a photographer and don't make a dime directly off photos so it's kind of flattering. Credit would be appreciated though. I've got a pic of garden eels that someone put on thier blog and suddenly my transfer usage is way up just from that one picture. It'll slow down as soon as it's archived or I might say something or just change the file name on the image. Commercial usage, I would definitely say something.

I do reduce the quality enough to reduce file size for the web that most images couldn't print worth a darned. You've got a great question. It deserves it's own thread, I remember justleesa had troubles with someone using her image on their business card last year.

later,

That makes sense steve about the image quality I guess thats why negs or original slides were important in days gone by.
For the moment I have nothing to fear because being a new at this my photo's have a lot left to be desired! Ed

Love the picture. If you want credit, you could watermark your pictures before you put them on the web. You could also copyright them. Personally, I too would love to have anyone like one of my pics enough to steal it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom