I got the Tilos black flex mask, not high rated? does it matter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UnderWaterFlyerGuy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm new to diving. ~ 1 Week ... 5 dives so far (40 ft)

I got the Tilos black flex mask where I trained. MBT divers Pensacola.

The mask seems fine to me, but I noticed that it is not highly rated in reviews and such. Other masks seem to rate better.

Am I missing something, or should I just stay with it if it works?

FLEX [M960] :: Tilos, Inc

I haven't dived the Tilos Flex, so I won't comment on it. I do have 2 Tilos masks, one clear and one black skirted. I like these masks as they tend to fit my face and don't leak. Haven't had any issues with them and they are 4 yrs. old now. I rate mine "High" because they work for me and that's what counts. If you are happy with yours and they fit, I wouldn't worry too much about a "rating". :)

The only thing that matters is that it fits your face. Who cares what other people think about it. If it fits you, it'll work fine for you.

Thanks for the verify. Just a newbie double checking things.

Now I'm off to find a mask that doesn't leak when my buddies make me laugh... Wish me luck...

There are small differences in field of vision among masks, but the most important function of a mask is to seal and keep water away from your eyes, and if your mask does that, it's just fine. If it's made of flimsy materials, you may have to replace it sooner than another one, but there's no reason to replace it NOW because it might wear out in the future!

I have a Sherwood Eclipse and a Tilos Hybrid.Except for the strap they are the same mask.Even the mold marks are identical.The Tilos was $20 cheaper.

I'd have to agree... the most important thing is the fit on *your* face. If it works for you, keep using it.

If you're happy, who cares what others think?

Agree with all. As I mentioned in another post, when it comes to masks I have three criteria:

1. fit
2. Fit
3. FIT

Back
Top Bottom