I found a fairly modern scubapro regulator in brass. No Chrome?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diverdon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
FB_IMG_1629996166839.jpg
I was told this regulator was an engineer's sample, or some sort of prototype. I'm wondering if anyone has something like this in their collection? And where they got theirs.
It looks to me like a mark 20 or a mark 25. I'm not familiar enough with the newer regulators.. I myself use a mark 10 Balanced Adjustable and just love it.

Mk20 judging by the black trim ring but could be an early 25, assume it’s an anniversary model but don’t know for sure.

Anniversary model. That makes sense. Thanks! It breathes well, BTW. Just got done diving it while I'm down here in Gilboa.
Don, you might contact Scubapro and see whether it is actual gold plating. That was done by U.S. Divers Company with the Gold Aquamaster (or maybe it was a gold Royal Aquamaster). If so, you may wish not to dive it much. :wink:

SeaRat

Don, you might contact Scubapro and see whether it is actual gold plating. That was done by U.S. Divers Company with the Gold Aquamaster (or maybe it was a gold Royal Aquamaster). If so, you may wish not to dive it much. :wink:

SeaRat
Sounds good, John. I didn't see much on flyaway, so I'll keep researching it. I knew about the US Divers gold plating practice but never heard about Scubapro doing that. Here's to wishing

Don,

I just pulled my Scubapor 50 Years catalog out, and yours is indeed the S600 Gold version of this regulator. Scubapro stated:
MK25/S600 Gold MSRP $ 1099

This system is reminiscent of the Mk10/G250 gold-plated version produced in 1991. However this time it's been treated with a special high tech gold color coating that will not wear away like 25K gold, so you can enjoy years of exceptional diving.
I'll scan the page for you later today.

SeaRat

PS, that quote, and price, is for S600 Gold second stage teamed with the Mk25 Gold first stage.

PS1, I have that tri-window Dacor mask too. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom