I (finally) bought gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

travelmadness

Contributor
Reaction score
bought from a lds:

-scubapro knighthawk bcd
-scubapro sk25/s550 reg.
-scubapro air 2
-scubapro mini vip 3 guage console

i got a good deal from the lds, not as cheap as leisurepro, but i was willing to pay a little more to have the warranty, free scubapro parts plan, and peace of mind knowing i got quality stuff. i've also got someone to go talk to and complain if i run into problems or have questions. i really liked the scubapro line of products.

still shopping for a computer, i liked having the idea of having traditional guages as well as a computer, and having the option of using either. shopping for a tank too...

thanks to those who gave advice to me along the way....

cool, i like scubapro myself and have a lot of their stuff. i share a similar feeling about the gauge, have a comp on my wrist and one on the hose (i happened to have an old comp otherwise i would have gotten the traditional one).
sounds like you bought some nice stuff, hope you have many great dives with it!

That's about what my hubby & I have only an octo instead of an Air2, and a LadyHawke for me. We have been really pleased with it all!

Juls

Great choices, i think you will enjoy it. Going to the local shop is also a smart choice, getting in good with them will always get you deals.
if you want to stick with the Scubapro lineup, Aladin is a great computer. I think you will find it is the computer of choice for most dive pros (recreational that is)
The Pro Ultra is what i have. Great computer with easy system and much less expensive than going with the air integrated.

travelmadness:
bought from a lds:

-scubapro knighthawk bcd
-scubapro sk25/s550 reg.
-scubapro air 2
-scubapro mini vip 3 guage console

i got a good deal from the lds, not as cheap as leisurepro, but i was willing to pay a little more to have the warranty, free scubapro parts plan, and peace of mind knowing i got quality stuff. i've also got someone to go talk to and complain if i run into problems or have questions. i really liked the scubapro line of products.

still shopping for a computer, i liked having the idea of having traditional guages as well as a computer, and having the option of using either. shopping for a tank too...

thanks to those who gave advice to me along the way....

Have you had a chance to get it wet, yet? How are you liking it?

My setup is pretty similar. I opt'd for the 250 secondary and the mini SPG. I went with the Smart Pro Wrist. I have about dozen dives on mine and am liking it just fine. I am happy with the selections and the performance. I, too, went with a shop. I was getting another setup for my 'dive buddies' (aka kids) so with the package, they were willing to get pretty darn close to LP, at least enough so to make the 'warranty' cost worthwhile. And, since they are on the water, when I said my reg didn't breath as well as my used one, they put it on the bench and tweaked it to perfection and I had it for the second dive of the day. :10:

travelmadness:
this stuff adds up! i just checked a few prices on some things i've got my eye on....

-zeagle brigade bcd -$399 scubatoys
-apeks atx50 reg. -$364 leisurepro
-apeks atx50 octopus, yellow -$149 leisurepro
-suunto vyper wrist dive computer -$349
-suunto sk7 wrist compass -$59 leisurepro
-oms brass pressure guage only -$74 leisurepro
-akona bag of some kind for all my gear -$99 ?
-steel tank? -$200 ?
-guage keepers? -$20 ?
-whistle/signaling device of some kind -$10 ?

Dang, you were so on the right track, what happened??? It's all good, enjoy diving........

ShakaZulu:
Dang, you were so on the right track, what happened??? It's all good, enjoy diving........

I picked up the gear at the LDS today, but I still need to buy a tank, probably something like a low pressure steel 100, or similar. I haven't decided on a computer yet either. I've got a dive planned about 8 days from now, so that will be the first real test. I'll probably try and get wet before then to get comfortable...

travelmadness:
I picked up the gear at the LDS today, but I still need to buy a tank, probably something like a low pressure steel 100, or similar. I haven't decided on a computer yet either. I've got a dive planned about 8 days from now, so that will be the first real test. I'll probably try and get wet before then to get comfortable...

If you can wait for PST to get out of their backlog those E-8 119's will be awesome.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom